On-Page SEO Essential
On-Page SEO are those technique an individual can do on their website pages such as Page titles, Meta tags, descriptions, content and website structure and internal links to make site SEO friendly and helps to rank in top of the search result. It is also called Technical SEO which focus on the website structure, easy to navigate and user friendly and easy to crawl by Search engine.
check below check list online https://www.check-seo.in
Check List of On page SEO
Here are a list of things you should follow for better ranking in search engine
- Install SSL. Installing SSL in your site provides additional security and trust to your site. nowadays SSL is a must I just make sure your site work properly and https://www.yoursite.com
- Website Crawling: Your website is ready then the first step is ensure that it is accessible to search engine. Search engine use automatic program to access your site which is called BOT. in case of Google it is know as GoogleBot. You should allow search engine to access your site. The search engine access can be controlled using a file called robots.txt. If this file does not exist you can create it and allow search engine to access all your website folders and URL.
- Robot.txt: Create a file called robots.txt and upload in your root folder which control access to search engine bots. You can allow or deny any folder or URL using this file. here is the example of robots.txt.
- User-agent: *
- Allow: /
- User-agent: *
- Disallow: /tpl/
- User-agent: *
- Disallow: /css/
Search engine Indexing Google search console and bing webmaster
Open Google search console and add your side as domain property and add your site. Go to inspection and add search your site then request for indexing. if your site is not accessible, it will give you the reason. accordingly fix the access issue and reindex. Google will take 24-48 hours to index your site. Browse your site like site://www.yoursite.com then you can see your indexed pages.
Sitemap: Create a file called sitemap.xml and upload your root folder. this file indicates URL structure of our site so that search engine follow this site to to crawl and index your site. Submit your sitemap in Google console and Bing Webmaster tool. Create your sitemap file online https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
Mobile friendly: Check your site using mobile phone and it should be response to and easily readable from mobile.
Canonical URL: it is a meta description where we can specify URL to inform search engine for original original URL to be indexed if there are duplicate contents on your site, search engine use this to identify original version of the content to be indexed.
URL: Your are URLs also should contain your keyword. It should not be too long and simple. use ‘-‘ instead of space between keywords. do not use special characters in your URLs.
- Meta Title: describe your title using focus keyword
- Meta description: provide short description for your content
- Meta Keyword: include related keywords
Header Tag ( H1,H2): keep focus keyword in H1 tag : Your content should have one H1 tag that include the focus keyword that should be one in each page, rest H2 or H3 tags
Content: Content is the king. You should describe your product and services user readable format which is easy to read using focus keyword. Do not stuff too many keywords. Your content should provide some value proposition. Your content should be focus on product engagement and knowledge engagement. It should be helpful to the user. Write content for humans not for bots. keep check on spelling grammar and include some images video if possible.
Images check: Use images in site. Use good quality and Fast and optimized light weight images as heavy images increase page load speed, impacting the search engine. Use proper Alt attribute and use related images next to related content.
Page speed: Page speed is a important Signal for search engine. Your site should be loaded faster from desktop as we as mobile.
Do not try to fool search engine bot. Write good quality help full content for humans not for search engine bot. Increase the engagement time by adding valuable content add your personal touch to the content with some case study and statistics